You can help us by changing it.
|The Suppression Field
The Suppression Field is a device of a massive proportions, used for the weakening and tampering of elemental energy and natural powers. It is a weapon used in The Mercenus Chronicles.
It hasn't been stated how or why the suppression field was created, however what has been known is that it was given to Conlasta so that he could make a clean invasion of Hapori-Nui. The Author has recently decided that it's origins and creations are from the aftermath of The Crusade of Hagurah.
Activation and Effects
The activation of the device is a mystery, as nobody (minus high ranking officers of the S.P.A.M Empire) has seen the device as of current. However, it is now comfirmed that one of the things that must be done is to twist the valve and turn a gear.
AffectsThe suppression field does three things:
- Create a barrier to prevent elemental energy to circulate through the user.
- Block out powers from makuta.
- Reduce the said users of elemental energy to the figure of a matoran.
This is so that the opposition has no way of using their natural energies against them, forcing the opposition to use tools instead, making way for pure carnage
The field does have it's weak points, many of which can be used to the victim's advantage.
- It can not effect a Makuta's ability to grow additions to their armour.
- It does not shrink the powers of creatures that are not identified.
- It can not block the effects of using implants for powers.
- It can not effect mask powers, only mask powers of elemental status.
The device has only been in use once, this was during the invasion of Hapori-Nui, where Conlasta attempted to take the comic land as a clean routine opperation, however, even the suppression field could not stop the skills of the warriors
- The author included this in The Mercenus Chronicles as he wanted Hapori-Nui at it's weakest, also so that guest stars couldn't barrage his imbox with a list of powers.
- The suppression field here is also based on the Suppression field in the First-person shooter Half-Life 2. In Half-Life 2, there was a suppression field which forced the human mind to not want to reproduce human children.